10. You’re thankful for what SLA has given to you and you want to give back.
9. You want to add another feather to your cap before your year-end review.
8. Volunteers, like the brilliantly colored leaves now falling from trees (in the northern part of the state at least), need to be replaced with fresh green ones each year.
7. It’s chilly outside, but many roles can be done in sweat pants from home.
6. No tricks, only treats (including underwriting for conferences, meetings).
5. Volunteering is a great way to try out politics, without all the politics.
4. You’ll find out how the SLAusage is really made.
3. Volunteering now would still make you eligible for Santa’s “Good” list this year.
2. Mad Men doesn’t start up for another couple of months.
And the Number One Seasonal Reason to step forward in your chapter: You’ll always be in season with colleagues when you volunteer!
Now’s your chance to step up for any of these reasons and help the Arizona Chapter out. Please consider volunteering for a position!
With a hat-tip to Anne Hengehold of the Illinois Chapter