How to Join the SLA
The Arizona Chapter of the Special Libraries Association exists for the purpose of informing specialists in a wide variety of information-providing service centers of professional development opportunities, networking for the exchange of ideas and keeping abreast of the state-of-the-art.
In order to join our chapter, you must join our parent organization, the Special Libraries Association (SLA), and indicate the “Arizona Chapter” on the membership as your FREE local chapter.
Local contact: Cindy Elliott, Chapter Membership Chair
Six Very Practical Reasons to Belong to SLA
• Automatically receive your monthly subscription to Information Outlook which features cutting-edge articles and the most up-to-date news of the information profession.
• Automatically receive your random electronic publication SLA.COMmunicate to benefit members’ careers by providing information on current challenges and trends in the profession, career-long learning, and management tips.
• Unrivaled opportunity to connect with powerful, ready-made networks. You may join a local chapter AT NO EXTRA COST. You may also join any one of the 25 discipline-specific divisions AT NO EXTRA COST. You may expand your network to additional chapter, divisions or caucuses for a nominal fee.
• Purchase at substantial discount SLA’s renowned publications geared toward enhancing the information expert’s professional knowledge.
• Stay ahead of change by participating in courses offered through SLA’s Strategic Learning and Development Center and receive significant discounts. Your members-only discount for SLA’s annual conference bringing together thousands of information professionals and hundreds of vendors more than covers the cost of your annual dues.
• As an added benefit to our membership, take advantage of our Affinity Program which consist of fee-free MasterCard, Insurance and car rentals. For questions about membership use FAQ/Help or contact email@example.com